New Archosauromorpha 1
- Eldeceeon, Gephyrostegus watsoni and Solenodonsaurus are basal archosauromorph amniotes, not anamniotes
- The Synapsida is not the first clade to branch off from the Amniota. Nine clades in the archosauromorpha alone branch off first.
- A sister to Ophiacodon gave rise to Haptodus and Cutleria, a basal therapsid.
- The basal split in therapsids separates anomodonts from the rest of the therapsids.
- Anomocephalus and Tiarajudens are giant dromasaurs.
- Some former or apparent synapsids, including Mycterosaurus, Heleosaurus and Mesenosaurus and others were basal pre-diapsids.
- Milleropsis is not a millerettid, but a pre-diapsid.
- Eudibamus is a basal diapsid.
- Spinoaequalis is a basal diapsid basal to all terrestrial and marine younginiforms.
- Pachypleurosaurs, like Anarosaurus, are basal to placodonts, plesiosaurs, mesosaurs, thalattosaurs and ichthyosaurs.
- Mesosaurs are sisters to thalattosaurs + ichthyosaurs
- Vancleavea is a thalattosaur, not an archosauriform.
- Various specimens of Youngina are basal to protosaurs and archosauriforms.
- Various specimens are Proterosuchus are basal to pararchosauriforms, including Doswellia,Teraterpeton and Lagerpeton.
- Choristodera lost the antorbital fenestra and were derived from BPI 2871.